Exporting and Calibrating Printer

This is the first time I have exported right out a program for 3D printing and have it EXACTLY the size required. Exports were always too small from AutoCAD, and I had to eyeball the correct size against another STL file. The metal rod fits perfectly, so next print I will make room for the thread insert.

Had some trouble with the print. Using the .25mm nozzle (usually use a .4mm) to capture the small decal work proved to be struggle. I could not get the first layer to stick nicely. After doing some calibrating wizards on the Prusa, I was confident it would work. It worked well for about 4 hours until bad things happened…

The nozzle prompted a filament change mid print. Weird. So I pulled it out, clipped it and reinserted and it continued. There was some a lot of scarring on one of the halves and frays hanging off. I peaked at the nozzle and it was completely jammed up. I stopped the print.

Working with my professor, we thought the Extrusion Multiplier was to blame. Working off these blogs and some software, we got to work.

https://mattshub.com/2017/04/19/extruder-calibration/

https://www.instructables.com/id/How-to-calibrate-the-Extruder-on-your-3d-Printer/

No success. Will try again tomorrow.

Advertisements

Published by

lxdougla831

Student at SUNY Oswego. Tech Education.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s